Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to the fuel filter, and like a lot of the Subaru maintenance, was a huge PITA. First, no one had or could sell me a filter. I kept being told it was 'unserviceable'. So I bought the Walbro 255 like many do and let it sit for several weeks as I looked at it when I got home and when I left for work. I used a mix of the How-To's for installing it and was disappointed that I had to stick with the factory filter after going through all that. I had to modify the filter neck, chopping it off the ears and enlarging the hole to have it snap over the Walbro neck to get the bucket back together. Good news is the car fired right up like nothing ever happened and there's a pleasant, but very distant, Wabro hum in the background during quiet idle.

I read that there can be some hidden issues with the AFR so I logged 2 runs to and from the gas station. The WOT Ratio was 11.0 and cruising was ~14.5 +/_ .4. Seems good to me but what do I know?

Just in case, I'd like to get some eyes on the logs and spot any potential issues before I break down somewhere in 4 deg weather...

(hint: Mr. Eric, I'm lovin' my TP Stage 2 AEM, would you please have a look if you have the time?)

Pull 1 - to the Station
Pull 2 - to the house

Thanks,
Makrel

·
Registered
191 Posts
Were your afra from the ecu sensor? If so, it wont go lower than that. I dont remember what my tp stage2 afr was, but it should be on his website

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were your afra from the ecu sensor? If so, it wont go lower than that. I dont remember what my tp stage2 afr was, but it should be on his website
They were from the access port... Probably ECU. The car runs great minus the gas smell from working on it... The ratio dips to 21:1 on deceleration which its always done .

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah accessport is ecu. I cant look at your logs but i feel youd be okay considering its a tp map lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
They were from the access port... Probably ECU. The car runs great minus the gas smell from working on it... The ratio dips to 21:1 on deceleration which its always done .
Yeah thats normal for the afr to go to 21:1 , thats because the injectors are shutting off during decel. You can also monitor feedback knock during pulls to see if the car is pulling any timing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thats normal for the afr to go to 21:1 , thats because the injectors are shutting off during decel. You can also monitor feedback knock during pulls to see if the car is pulling any timing.
If it'd stop snowing for more than a day or two I'd slip my running shoes on the WRX and do some pulls... I'll do some asap and look for the knock. Gotta reset the logging items since I updated the AP firmware this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts