Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned a few things and wanted share:

I have a DGM WRX "basic" model. I got some extra cash and really wanted my car to look like the Premium with the bodykit.
I found out that the Premium F/R lip kit is not an add-on, it's actually the whole bumper. So I looked in the Subaru handout and ordered the Subaru F/R lip kit factory painted.
Ok, now for the sideskirts. I talked to the dealer and found out I could order the sideskirts for the Premium and they came factory painted. Alright!! I got my entire body kit--to the door--painted--for $900.00!! Needless to say I am very happy since I got my base model for 23k OTD.
I open up everything and notice the sideskirts have no hardware. I also notice they have about 10-12 little "tits/pushpins" all down the inner/upper side. The base model does not have 10-12 holes drilled down the side of the car right beneath the doors for these tits/pushpins to fasten to.
Honestly, the parts guy and myself thought that the sideskirts would clip/fasten all down the undercarriage, fasten at the fender wells, and then use some type of adhesive down the side of the car.
Luckily he took back everything since he was unsure when he sold it to me.
So what's up with Subaru this year?
1. You can't just add bigger wheels, brakes, spoiler to a WRX and clone an STi (appearance wise anyway) like before.
2. You can't even clone a Premium from a base model.
I'm just disappointed that's all, :'( and I wanted to share my experience so someone else doesn't make the same mistake and have an A$$ hole dealer that will not take the parts back (which mine said he had every right to call the sale final).
Maybe the aftermarket will come out with something?

·
Registered
243 Posts
there is already a kit out... for the life of me i cant recall the name... saw it on nasioc... i find the link for you

·
Registered
577 Posts
looks STi to me...... sweet kit though

·
Registered
577 Posts
plus with INGS, you can expect to pay big money for it. but the quality is top notch.

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
That is an STI. INGS has not officially Take a look under Liberal/Albero. Their WRX kit is sweet and has a quad pipe upgrade too.
http://www.liberal-aero.com/product_new/08_impreza/index.html
Haha... so u able to bring the kit and the quad pipe???? more poison... haha
The quad pipe are already available at Espace, if you r interested. Its STI quad pipes.
Don't think it will fit on WRX cos different mounting points... even can custom also no fitting rear bumper for quad pipes...

Too much of a hussle i would say.... Rather sit back and wait patiently....

Remember Slow and Steady win the race... Wahahaha

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good Point.... ;D

I'm sure the WRX / Impreza Kits will be flying in any day now. Probably geared towards the WRX with a FMIC The INGs Kit looked pretty good though IMO I may still think about the Grille.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Good Point.... ;D

I'm sure the WRX / Impreza Kits will be flying in any day now. Probably geared towards the WRX with a FMIC The INGs Kit looked pretty good though IMO I may still think about the Grille.
Yes my man... Patient should be the key to modding... Haha... For all you know the kit may be flying in as we speak... Hahaha

I agree the INGs kit is sweet but the grill can be improve...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Chargespeed has a kit for the STi their grill is ...so so but it's carbon. and they have the carbon insert for the hood scoop. I wonder if they are going to do a kit for the WRX as well.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-searchresult.php?make=42
Chargespeed do have a kit for WRX...

Below are some pics from our local workshop. Enjoy ;D
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/julie020296/16042008017.jpg
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x240/inffra/custbonnet002.jpg

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ahh...I wont be able to see it...I'm at work. Government filters.... :-[

1 - 20 of 30 Posts