Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen it confirmed or denied anywhere whether springs/struts/coilovers are interchangeable between the 08 hatch and 08 sedan. Every install I have seen from custco to cobb sport springs has been on a hatch and since i have a sedan I ask the question.

Thanks!

Malcolm

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am about 99.9% sure that all the suspension parts are the same. It would be cost ineffective for Subaru to make two versions of a car where most of the chassis equipment isn't the same. It is the same between a premium car and a base one. The wiring is the same just doesn't have all the goodies installed. More cost effective to do it that way.

Seth

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You can use the same suspension parts for the sedan and the hatch. The only thing that you can't is the exhaust system from the axleback.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I am about 99.9% sure that all the suspension parts are the same. It would be cost ineffective for Subaru to make two versions of a car where most of the chassis equipment isn't the same. It is the same between a premium car and a base one. The wiring is the same just doesn't have all the goodies installed. More cost effective to do it that way.

Seth
yep especially since the sedan is North america exclusive it will make no sense to develop another suspension just for that market

1 - 5 of 5 Posts