Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my project, it is almost at a stopping point.
Mods so far..

sti vf43 turbo
sti jdm tmic
sti manifold
avo fuel pump
stromung turbo back exhaust
unorthodox racing crank pully
silicone inlet pipe
go fast bits bov
mahle forged pistons
cosworth rods
cosworth bearings
group n engine and trans mounts
whiteline f/r sway bars
sti pink springs
whiteline strut brace
kartboy short shifter and bushings
rally armor flaps
primitive racing skid plate
cobb access port
enkei rsm wheels
falken 616 tires
whiteline end links
perrin positive steering response system
stainless steel brake line
hawk pads
motul brake fluid
schroth racing 5 point harness

I just had it on the dyno and on 91 octane its at 286 whp and 301 wtq. The tune is pretty mild at 17.5 pounds of boost.
I am taking it to the track net week and try to figure out what I do and do not like about my setup.
Thanks for checking it out!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Damn, possibly the most heavily modded 08 WRX around. First one I've seen with internals anyways. With that build I would go nothing short of a 20g.

NICE numbers too for shitty 91 octane and only 17 psi.

·
Registered
345 Posts
^^^ im gonna have to agree the vf series i wouldnt recomend for this setup whats it tuned on?? and you could make alot more power with a bigger turbo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys!!
The reason the motor is overbuilt for my setup now is......
I spun a rod bearing at 3000 miles, and had to tear the motr apart. I wanted to built it back up with quality parts while I had it apart. I had just bought the sti turbo and tmic.... so.... could I put a bigger turbo on and make more power, sure, but my bank acount is crying for mercy. I have a few plans for later, but for now it has to stay how it is. A bigger turbo and front mount I am sure will cross paths with the car at some point...
The next two projects are coilovers and a big brake kit....
Talk to you guys later.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Impressive...............

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
real nice heavy mods sw33t!!!!!!! the door mold thing is looks nice ;D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Great. Thanks. I did a good job of convincing myself NOT to go with another silver car. Then I see yours... drool.... :eek:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, taking the motor apart at 3k miles was not in my plan for the car. I am not even sure what caused it.

I wanted a blue wrx but this was what the dealership had, and the silver has grown on me.
Thanks for all the replys....
Later

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like your rims... what size are they? If I hadn't gotten the NT03+M's I would have bought those. They're VERY light for their size: especially compared with the stock wheels

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like your rims... what size are they? If I hadn't gotten the NT03+M's I would have bought those. They're VERY light for their size: especially compared with the stock wheels
They are 17x8. The nt03+m were my other choice of wheel. I like both alot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
your car is beautiful! I have an 08 silver hatch as well and id like to do some of the exterior stuff to. Im getting the sti spoiler on tomorrow and tint soon. Im thinking about the tail lights to...If you have a pic of the rear end of your car i would greatly appreciate it ;D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts