Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some prices online that I thought that I would share for everyone. All prices are with manual trans. Here is a tip for those going to buy a WRX, never ever deal with a salesperson, always deal with the Fleet Manager, they get paid differently and can go closer to invoice then the salespersons. And always get price quotes over the phone from a fleet manager. Also, make sure that you look at the credit score that they are using to make sure that they are using the highest score that you have or they will charge you higher interest.

Base Sedan WRX
MSRP
$24,995.00
Invoice
$23,642.00

Premium Sedan WRX
MSRP
$24,995.00
Invoice
$23,642.00

Sedan with Navi WRX
MSRP
$29,095.00
Invoice
$27,426.00

5 Door Base WRX
MSRP
$25,495.00
Invoice
$24,106.00

5 Door Premium WRX
MSRP
$27,595.00
Invoice
$26,045.00

5 Door Navi WRX
MSRP
$29,595.00
Invoice
$27,890.00

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Mine 33 995$ Canadian (excluding, transport and prep and tax) so ending up costin 39 000$ canadian

Get thing, im paying 1600$ canadian per month for both my WRX and my 98 SVT for both me and my wife !

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't kow if this is a U.S. thing only, but the Subaru VIP program is the way to go. 2% under dealer invoice, no haggleing, no arguements ! There is a list of ways to get into the program on the website I think.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I could have gotten lower, but I decided since he was the best salesperson I dealt with on trying to find my wrx in time. He made it happen. I talked to 7 other people at 4 dealerships. None of them delivered, tried feeding me BS and didn't know shit about the car. Two of the Seven were even Managers, and one of them was trying to sell me just the premium package even though I wanted the nav. Was belittling me how it was worthless yadda yadda. All in all, I figured since the guy actually knew what he was doing it was worth letting him get a little more cash. He even drove an hour and a half to get my vehicle and drive it back. No deposit or anything :D

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yea its easier in canada, the wrx only have one price... no package nothing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine 33 995$ Canadian (excluding, transport and prep and tax) so ending up costin 39 000$ canadian

Get thing, im paying 1600$ canadian per month for both my WRX and my 98 SVT for both me and my wife !
Wow, I feel bad for you guys...that's pretty steep considering the Canadian dollar is pretty much the same as the US dollar...$39K out the door here is '08 STi territory.

We paid $1200 under dealer invoice....$23200 base WRX hatch w/ sport grille and a couple other options.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
there is no base for the WRX in canada, they all come fully loaded and dealer charge 450$ for the sport grille

i know i could have got a STI with no warranty for the same price...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Another data point for folks:

I bought a Premium 5 Door with the following accessories:
Subwoofer
Adj. Armrest
Ski Rack
Roof Cross bars
Auto Dimming Mirror w/ homelink
Rear Bumper Cover
Rear Cargo Tray
$26015

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i got the rear cargo tray, full window tint and winter floor mat all throw in :)

can you post picture of your cross bars and armrest ??

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'll get some pictures this week, but it looks just like the pictures on Subaru's site. ;)

Armrest

Crossbars with Ski attachment

I don't have the cross bars in yet, so I'm waiting on those before I can take any pictures. I likely won't put them on until after Christmas anyway because I have a 2k roadtrip and they tend to hurt fuel economy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats why i baught mine out of the US ... i baught it, paid brokerage, shipping, tax and duty and it still only cost me $29,000.. no trim package though :( .. i will body kit it after they release some nice trimp packs... and i need a spoiler yet,, and sports grill.... but other than that its all the same... $500 above list... the dealership was actually out of buisness, a ford dealersip baught all there cars.. they even filled it with gas, changed the coolant to canadian stuff, drained the washer fluid and replaced.... pretty good deal .. they have more.... subaru of palm bay ... only sad part is the wait now :( ... it wont be here till 2nd week of january... im dreaming about her at night :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mine during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. During the 2 days I was at the dealer looking a different models and test driving I saw only 2 other customers. I got the base WRX with the center arm rest all ready installed. Out the door price was $24,035 no negotiating. Sales manager said he would give me the best price around and he delivered.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i picked mine up in washing plus tax and all that other extended warrentee and all the other stuff, 35k brand new off the show room floor 5 hours after they got it back from the Tint shop, and was the 2nd one sold in WA

·
Registered
29 Posts
wrx premium package 5 door with floor mats and some small other random crap like the rear bumper protector

$24,675 out the door

heuberger motors FTW! (theyre the number 1 subaru dealer in the country)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I paid $26,800 US which the sales guy said was the price they give to Canadians. I got the premium package 5-door and included was the floor weather mats and wheel locks. Once I got the car into Canada I had to pay the following:

-GST (Goods & Services Tax for the federal government) = 6%
-PST (Provincial Sales Tax) = 8%
-Duty = 6.1%
-Excise Tax = $100
-RIV fee (Registrar of Imported Vehicles) and the fee for a federal inspection is included in this. = $210
-Provincial inspection fee = $120
-Bank fee to exchange Canadian to US funds (Canadian $ was $1.03 at the time) = $150

Final cost including gas to drive to Buffalo and food I ate is just under $33,000.

I would have paid that amount if I wanted to lease or finance the base model in Canada. The WRX here costs $33,895 + taxes which ends up costing over $40,000. :mad:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts