Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone bought a catback yet.i like the borla but too damn expensive right now.maybe there will be more options by summer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
anyone bought a catback yet.i like the borla but too damn expensive right now.maybe there will be more options by summer.

I had a custom one done here at a local shop and I love it. Cost me 400bucks. Call up some Exhaust shops in your area and see if they can give you a quote.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got this email from SPT earlier this week:

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us concerning SPT.

Below are some tentative dates we have received from our parts department:

SPT exhaust for WRX sedan & 5dr: March
SPT exhaust: end of February/ early March

SPT intake for WRX: 2nd quarter
SPT boost gauge: 2nd quarter
SPT turbo heatshield: 2nd quarter
Although, I have heard that SPT parts were a bit overpriced for previous models. We'll have to wait and see...

·
Registered
64 Posts
As mentioned, I would look into a local shop having one custom made for you. You can get the exact look you want (pick your mufflers and tips), choose how loud you want it, pick your piping size, and get it for a reasonable amount of $$$.......If I end up trading my 07 in for an 08, that is what I am going to do. Heck, you can even have them make a single exit exhaust to maximize flow.....infinite options FTW..... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
As mentioned, I would look into a local shop having one custom made for you. You can get the exact look you want (pick your mufflers and tips), choose how loud you want it, pick your piping size, and get it for a reasonable amount of $$$.......If I end up trading my 07 in for an 08, that is what I am going to do. Heck, you can even have them make a single exit exhaust to maximize flow.....infinite options FTW..... :)

My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm not a fan of ANY of the exhausts available for the sedan so I made my own to my liking. Used the downpipe from my 05 and modified it. Also used my Tanabe from the 05 and made it work. Stage 2 on this car is so tourquey! Anyone think so?

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
any sedan owners in or around so-cal? eibach is looking for you guys for a test fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts