Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend owns a nice cobalt and we have been trying to set up a race since i bought my car.
He has a full exhaust, stage 2 tune, and a smaller pully than what comes with the stage 2 kit. He also put in 110 octane and was boosting 18psi instead of his normal 15-16psi.

He wouldn't agree to run me from a dig unless i gave him 3 lengths. i figured i can just subtract 3 lengths from where ever we stop.
This gave me the perfect time to test out my Water/Meth injection. So filled up my washer fluid resevior with the -20 degree PEAK stuff.

we line up and he takes his 3 lengths. I launch perfectly but forgot to turn off my TCS and ended up bogging a little at the launch and i managed to take about 1/2 a car lead before shifting to 2nd. The TCS engaged again and pretty much cost me the race. The cobalt slowly began to pull up next to me and then slowly ahead of me at about 90mph.

From-a-roll, i rememberd to turn the TCS off. 1st gear at about a 30 roll is where we started. I got the jump and pulled a little in 2nd. Then he pulled on me up to about 90 and we both let off when he got about a car ahead of me.

if this was at the track, i would have been able to chalk up another win. But on the streets, the cobalt owns from a roll.
in the next couple weeks we plan on running again. I will be on a Stage 1 Tune and have my FMIC installed. Or maybe Stage 2, if we ever do this group buy on the downpipe.

p.s.- all races were done in Mexico

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Good details on the Race. And we are going forward with the group buy. Tomorrow is the day. Just wanted to give rallitek a fighting chance.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, tonight is the night. This time i have stage1 and 93oct.
I am installing the Turbo Inlet Hose as soon as i get off of work. Then i am going top off my Water/Meth and strip my trunk.
I will try to get a video camera inside the cobalt.

if all goes well, i might be running a supercharged Tiburon on the 1/4mile for $500 ;D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Do you have any road courses near you? If so, I would like to see how these guys face off against you on that type of curcuit. You know them being FF drive and you being AWD, even if they push more power I don't think that they would fare well against you on a track.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually i think thew Cobalt was designed to be a track car. If we did do a time attack type of race, i would pwn him in the turns :p

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Leave the "bow tie" sittn at the line lookn at those sweet LED's .. 8) OGBz stage 2 FTW!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, he refused to go from a dig and we both agreed that i would smash him. I didn't want to do a roll race, but we lined up for a 20 roll anyways. He ended up pulling on me harder than last time. ???
Turns out he filled up with a 50/50 mix of 93/110, boosting 19psi this time.

i normally wouldn't do a roll race, but he is my friend and we were both bored.

on the way back to the main street we caught a red light. No cars were in sight. We both started revving, anticipating the green light. We both launched, i left him and he didnt stand a chance :)

this was done in mexico if anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
273 Posts
well, he refused to go from a dig and we both agreed that i would smash him. I didn't want to do a roll race, but we lined up for a 20 roll anyways. He ended up pulling on me harder than last time. ???
Turns out he filled up with a 50/50 mix of 93/110, boosting 19psi this time.

i normally wouldn't do a roll race, but he is my friend and we were both bored.

on the way back to the main street we caught a red light. No cars were in sight. We both started revving, anticipating the green light. We both launched, i left him and he didnt stand a chance :)

this was done in mexico if anyone was wondering.

and the "on a closed course"

But why must everyone cry about doing rolling starts i hate that crap, either you do it this way or that way, rolling starts piss me off is all im saying......but nice run "in mexico, on a closed course" what a way to own....lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts