Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says, im lookin for em. im in nj, would prefer someone i could meet up with, but if i can get some pics id pay to have em shipped. someone must have upgraded their sway bars, so c'mon, help me out please!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the n/a cars dont come with rear sway bars at all, so something is better than nothing. and no offense, but i know which route i want to go with my car my and i want the wrx rear sway bar. i guess is i was so rich that i could throw perfectly good parts away that i could make a couple hundred bucks off, id probably get the sway bars you have

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
where in jersey r u?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
didn't mean to offend you there. i thought i was offering up some advice in a friendly manner.

[quote
i guess is i was so rich that i could throw perfectly good parts away that i could make a couple hundred bucks off, id probably get the sway bars you have
[/quote]

not really called for. this forum is not about that, it's about sharing info and helping out fellow 3rd gen subie owners.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if you're going to spend a couple hundred bucks, go buy the rallitek swaybars.

the WRX bars are pencil thin.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok no offense to anyone, this is my WANT TO BUY thread. if it was an advice thread, i would have posted it in the proper section. this is what i want, if its not what you want, thats fine. like i said, a small swaybar is better than no swaybar. this is my daily driver, i want it to handle better but it doesnt need to turn on a dime. i have a race bike for that. thank you for all your input, but i know what i want

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
but it's our responsibility to warn you that you're wasting your money -- the impreza bar vs. the wrx bar is practically no difference (I think its 12mm vs 14mm or something)

you won't notice anything except your wallet being thinner

the rallitek bars will by no means make your car hard to drive. you won't notice swaybars acting except when you corner hard. if you're just driving like a grandma, swaybars are not where you should be spending your money... but like you said, this isn't an advice thread ... so

if you can wait, you can have my bars for FREE once I buy some rallitek bars.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, ill say it again. . . . .MY CAR HAS NO SWAY BAR ON THE REAR!!!!!!!!! like i said, any sway bar is better than no sway bar

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I would disagree! a 14mm bar with squishy bushings won't be very effective

but my offer stands if you really want them

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
disagree with what? that no a small sway bar is better than no sway bar?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yes, I disagree.

fact is, no sway bar vs. sway bar that bows under pressure = barely noticeable difference!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, whatever you say champ. i still want my swaybar if anyones got one

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
free is great. im just sayin i still want my sway bar no matter what people say

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
and that's why I'm giving it to you for free, because it isn't worth anything. you won't notice it. if you do I would attribute it to placebo effect.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well like i said, ill take it. either way, 14 mill is slightly over 1/2", i think ill notice something from it

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I was here first!

you're just mad I'm giving him mine for free, so now you can't steal $200 from some kid who thinks a 14mm swaybar is going to make his car handle any differently

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright, i appreicate you giving me your sway bars, but im not just "some kid". im a mechanic, iv been a mechanic for almost 7 years, im im no where even close to bein new to tunin and tweakin cars. like i said, this my how i want my build to be, regardless of if people like it or not

1 - 20 of 32 Posts