Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a set of the stock speakers on the imprezas with premium package. I am looking for both the door speakers, as well as the tweaters. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
So are you replacing stock or after markets.. Cuz I put kenwoods in all 4 of my doors for like $200 all the way around installed at ultimate electronics and it made a world of difference!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the stock base model speakers in right now. I'd rather avoid wiring aftermarket speakers. I just wanted the premium speakers because it would be a quick cheap upgrade. I know if I went aftermarket I'd want to get an amp as well.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
yeah it would help but the stock speakers suck horribly in the base model thats what I had.. but for $200 installed I didnt want to pass that up with life time gurantee and 1 yr on speakers..

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't have anything for you now, but if you are still looking come summer time I'll likely have some take offs.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have anything for you now, but if you are still looking come summer time I'll likely have some take offs.
I'm sure shipping from ireland would make it more expensive than just ordering new speakers. thanks though.

·
Super Moderator
2,745 Posts
Yeah I unless you get them for dirt cheap, I really wouldn't bother...

If you order a set from a place like crutchfield you can get the harnesses for free so you won't have to do any wiring...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm sure shipping from ireland would make it more expensive than just ordering new speakers. thanks though.
I'm in Colorado, just use Ireland due family heritage and a warning to other not to tick me off. ;)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
did you have an amp installed as well?
no I didnt they said it would be louder if I did I might do it down the road but they said for the speakers I put in that the internal amp was more than enough and I am very happ with the sound quality I got from the kewoods for $200 installed.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you have an amp installed as well?
no I didnt they said it would be louder if I did I might do it down the road but they said for the speakers I put in that the internal amp was more than enough and I am very happ with the sound quality I got from the kewoods for 0 installed.
Do you know the model of the kenwoods? Did you get the tweaters too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts