Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my XM Roady 2 in my 08 Impreza. It sits perfectly on top of the change tray and is secured on it's left side by the 3 cables (audio, power, and antenna) and on the right side by a 1" x .25" strip of 3m industrial double stick (that super sticky gray stuff)

I JUST did it this weekend so i've yet to get a black audio cable, I need to find a 3' audio cable that has right angle connectors, which is next to impossible to find in a store... (I just used one i had laying around ugly as hell too) and I've yet to figure out how to hide the audio cable that goes into my center console storage compartment...I have to figure out a nice way to do this... (I welcome suggestions)

I ran the power wire under the center console from the cig. lighter and made it pop out of the seem where the e-brake boot meets the plastic of the center console. I ran the antenna wire from the passenger side of the car (put the antenna receiver itself on the dash) and ran the wire down behind the glove box, and into the center console area and I have that wire popping out of where the shift boot is... I'm not sure if i like that yet and might change this.

See pics...

Power plug

From top

From side

Lit up (sorry for blur, can't get dark shots well with my camera)

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Peace!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha nice install! it would be much better if your wire was black in colour.. just a thought. :)

Ummmm...yes...thats why I said this:
I JUST did it this weekend so i've yet to get a black audio cable, I need to find a 3' audio cable that has right angle connectors, which is next to impossible to find in a store... (I just used one i had laying around ugly as hell too) and I've yet to figure out how to hide the audio cable that goes into my center console storage compartment...I have to figure out a nice way to do this... (I welcome suggestions)

:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
you can run the aux cable under the center console( see how to install a short shifter thread) and itno the center console that way

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I woulda put the whole unti in my glove box. Hate when you can see them. Rather have the whole thing hidin. But def nice clean install. Good luck with finding the audio cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts