Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rock the coconut tree. Smells like chics on the beach ;D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I rock the coconut tree. Smells like chics on the beach ;D

Haha "rock the coconut tree"! Definately down with the coconut "sence", as for me I'm just enjoying the new car smell for now. Smoke like a pack a day but so far it's been a no smoking ride :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah I'm a smoker too but I'm a bad boy and smoke in the car. I didn't like the Subaru's new car smell but for a while I was using that Glade air freshener thingy that clips onto the vent. Now I just use nothing and let nature take its course.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a Jasmine spray. WHen i go to get my car detailed i have them use 'baby powder' scent

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I used to buy
"scent of new car" at canadian tire until i got a car with leather seat :D

and now than the subby dont need "scent of new car" obviously

·
Registered
421 Posts
hahaa i love the New car scent, so much so i was driving around my entire country looking for a authentic scent. I ended up with 10 different scent (generally those that didn't allow sampling. Probably sampled more than 30 new car scent) and no new car scent.

Luckily my car still has that scent in it at 6mths old!

Side note. if there is anyone here that has found a new car scent that is as advertised, please tell me. I'll even import it if its not found here! ;D

·
Registered
0 Posts
hahaa i love the New car scent, so much so i was driving around my entire country looking for a authentic scent. I ended up with 10 different scent (generally those that didn't allow sampling. Probably sampled more than 30 new car scent) and no new car scent.

Luckily my car still has that scent in it at 6mths old!

Side note. if there is anyone here that has found a new car scent that is as advertised, please tell me. I'll even import it if its not found here! ;D
My polish place uses one for my car which resembles it. It's called Sonax Smoke-off. It's a spray that you spray on fabrics to remove odours like nicotine smoke(not that I smoke though) and other unpleasant smells. After that, the seats have a fresh new scent. Lasts 1 to 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
how do you know when your to drunk to drive?

When you swerve to miss a tree and then relize its the air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Squash all the way!

This is THE best smelling air freshener I've ever smelled :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
cant go wrong with any berry scented little tree. cheap and effective ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do not use any air fresheners but my interior always smells nice and fresh. My method is to always keep the interior nice and clean, this begins with the fact that I never allow anyone to eat in the car. I will, on occasion, transport food, but I keep the windows down so the smell doesn't permeate everything. Second, I do a thorough, weekly vacuuming of all the carpets and the seats. It sounds gross but dead skin cells rub off and get in the interior and can add to the odor of a car. Finally, I wipe down the dash and all other interior vinyl pieces with Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. This is a great product for removing dust and light stains and adds some very slight protection to the plastic. I've been an enthusiast detailer for the last 5 years and have spent 2 of those as a professional (eventually had to give it up because business got so bad). In my opinion QID is the best interior product made because it can be used on EVERYTHING in the interior (even electronics and glass) and leaves a nice, clean smell. I never liked the smell of air fresheners, I always thought they were too strong. QID is just makes everything smell "clean".

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I love detailing. Once the weather warms up my car is getting the works. I didn't detail my car before winter, and it's hard to do that up here since it's so dirty out and I don't like washing at my residence, so it's hard to get the car back home for the works without it getting caked with mud. A detail would have made this winter so much easier being able to just spray my car down every couple of weeks to keep it looking clean. I vacuum every couple of weeks though.

That squash air freshener though, it smells GOOD. Kind of citrusy almost, and not overpowering. Hell, even if it were an uber strong smell, I would still like it. Definitely helps keep the funk monster at bay.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts